Monday, September 14, 2009

The Twitter Engine

I will preface this by writing that it was late Saturday (actually early Sunday) and I am embarrassed that this is what passes for conversation amongst my group of friends but...

I was enjoying one of my final cocktails of the evening when the topic of Twitter came up. My friends, who I will identify by their cell phone models, iPhone 3G and Palm Centro both agreed that Twitter was pointless.

"Who cares what I am doing at 2:30 PM on a Thursday" Palm Centro blurted out.

This seems to be the most regular anti-Twitter sentiment that I encounter. The hardest part for a Twitter user like myself to admit is that they're right.

However, Twitter's real opportunity is to become the broadest reaching, most current search engine in the world.

Twitter has users at every ground zero around the world. Whether you interest is finance, fashion, or fishing, Twitter has users on trading floors, runways, and your nearest lake ready to tell you in less than 140 characters what you want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment