Tuesday, August 25, 2009

21st Century Digital Boy

I really like technology. I buy approximately one computer a year, I am on my third iPhone, I’ve owned countless BlackBerrys, and I spend most of free (and a good amount of work) time researching what will be next.

But good luck trying to contact me on any of them because as much as I love them all, their specs, features, applications, and accessories, they all just bring me somewhere I’m terrified of going.

Yes. I really like technology but I am afraid of the virtual world.

It’s endless in size, hard to understand, and not always friendly. I guess it’s similar to an exchange student from Denmark.

It’s also always reinventing itself almost every day, creating more content, more places to sync with other places requiring another username and password to remember only to forget.

I’d simplify if I just knew where to start. Somewhere I could be stay informed without a half dozen e-mail addresses. A place that doesn’t require bribing an IT guy to set up my phone. A world where people I haven’t talked to in 10 years aren’t considered “Friends”.

Maybe my iPhone has an App for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment