Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An Open Note To Self

As a football fan and a perceived idiot by marketers, I saw the Motorola Droid commercial a good half dozen times this weekend. For people who aren't agoraphobes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYM-XTqcec

HOLY MOLY! MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE MADE COMPLETE WITH THE ABILITY TO RUN MULTIPLE WIDGETS SIMULTANEOUSLY IN THE DARK!!!

OK, of course I'm excited and of course I'm checking out every tech blog I know of to get a better look at the phone that took 2.33 major companies (Google, Verizon, and Motorola) three iterations of the iPhone to make.

But here's a little note to Apple, Google, AT&T, Verizon, Motorola, and pretty much everyone in the profiteering off the 21st Century Digital Boy age, start with probably the most important functionality that a communication device should have. Functionality.

Before everyone goes Double Live Gonzo! about new tech specs, hardware, software, shareware, Andre Ware...Give me a phone that makes calls from my basement so I can call my brother and ask him if I can borrow his tent to camp out for the new phone that will completely change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment