Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Joys of Video Editing

Recently I was assigned to produce ‘something’ that demonstrates to customers the value and capabilities of 3dve. Like a bolt of lightning, inspiration hit me in the middle of the night. For two hours I couldn’t stop writing as I planned my new bouncing baby… video.

I worked tirelessly for the next week to try and give some sort of tangible figure to my idea. And finally I stood proud (ok so maybe I was a sitting) as I demonstrated my new ‘baby’ to the team at 3dve. It was a smash hit, but certain things needed to be changed.

“It’s too long” “It’s too fast” “It’s a little overwhelming” “The colors are wrong” “You’re using the wrong type face” “Outro is too wordy” “The graphics aren’t updated” And my favorite: “Can you chop it up so I don’t have to watch the whole thing?”

WHAT?! You want me to chop up my baby?! It’s only 3 minutes long!! (That’s 15 inches in Camtasia)

Anyways, I continued to work on my baby, and produced several version only to find out that something else wasn’t quite right, the opening shots were confusing, then the transitions were a little choppy… But I pushed towards perfection, and it gives me great pleasure to present it to you here.

But please be gentle, I don’t want to ruin that new baby smell.

- Kyle Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment